Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My room was broken in THAT NIGHT!

One's man's carelessness is one's mishap.


'Thanks' to my room mate, her carelessness invited intruder to our room. The mishap happened on 15th of November, between 4.00- 5.30am. Our room was entered by an intruder because the door was not locked. It was my room mate's fault. She was the one who closed the door and switched off the lights before sleeping. Yet, being the one who closed the door, she forgot to push the lock button. 

So, I guess y'all know what happened............ 

The intruder came in our room and took away my 5 months old Samsung phone. All praise the Lord, my purse was not stolen. I had RM400 cash in the purse that moment and THAT amount of money WAS NOT mine. That was the payment that I collected from my guitar classmates (I am the treasurer). In addition, I am grateful because my car key was not taken away as well. I cannot imagine how the hell should I explain to my parents if I lost the car key. If I'm not wrong, there are only 2 Toyota Vios in the residential college. If my key was stolen by the culprit, my car will be disappeared as well if the person knows how to disarm the alarm. For your info, the culprit was suspected to be a female junior who is staying at the same block. Thank God the culprit is a female. We might be raped if the culprit is a male outsider. Please imagine what if all these happen on you. The degree of gratefulness that you are feeling right now should be no less than mine. 

Let's calculate the cost of loss (if that happens)....

Assuming that my phone, wallet and car key were lost, the amount of money that my room mate has to PAY ME is.... RM 71,700 (RM1300 + RM400 + RM70,000). Yeah, she is OBLIGED TO PAY ME because she is the cause of the accident. Like car accidents, if you accidentally bang the ass of the car in front of you. You are at fault, and there is no way for you to escape from paying. So, she CANNOT runaway from paying the compensation. I bet she has the capability to pay that amount of money if that happens. 

That's for sure.

Her classmates said she comes from a rich family (I doubt that). Anyway, that doesn't really matter. What matters is she DID NOT APOLOGISE nor having the INTENTION/ THOUGHT to pay the COMPENSATION for my loss phone. If she (her family) is financially capable, I can say that RM1.3k isn't a big deal. 

P/s - I'm not acting like a big shot who is looking down on middle class income family. I just could not stand the ignorance attitude that she has. I do not see any sense of guilt from her. I'm not sure if she's avoiding at any cost to apologise because she is afraid that I might ask for compensation. IF this is the reason, she's a bitch. Fail to be responsible of one's mistake is an act of coward, you know. 

She tries to initiate conversation to me after the incident but I fake my responses. There is NO WAY for me to SEE her nor TREAT her like I used to. First, telling others that my diligence is giving her stress, Next, taking my assignment from my bag in the middle of the night while I was sleeping WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Now, causing my phone to be stolen. I do not know what will be up next. 

To be frank, I hope that she'll approach me with an apology and to pay for my loss. The cause of this mishap is her. We shared the room, but she was the last person to close the door. Even if she argues that she did not remember locking, that won't work either. If the door was locked, our room will not be broken into at the first place. 

I am really sick of her behaviour and attitude. I can't wait my semester to end ASAP. 
But right now, let's see how long she is going play dumb. I am anticipating for a show. 


Life is just a show. Right? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment