These are from my students.
I love them all, but of all the presents, this is my favourite.
A note, 2 guitar picks and 3 lozenges.
I take a look at the note before practising the guitar because it serves as a motivator and reminder. It's written like this:
[Translated from Mandarin]
To Miss Lee,
Thank you for your guidance. You are a loving teacher. These are two different types of guitar picks. One is for you to play acoustic guitar and the other one is for classical guitar. I hope you will love them. The three lozenges are for you too to relieve your sore throat.
This boy visited me daily with his guitar book when he knew that I'm learning the guitar. We exchanged what we learnt daily. He constantly reminded me the position of the fingers for the major chords and etc. One day he realised that I lost my voice due to intense class management (Naughty children of poor classes, tsk tsk), he asked me to allow him to conduct the teaching for a few days to rest my throat. Thoughtful, isn't he?
I guess our weekly interaction gave him inspiration of what to give me as a farewell present. Before leaving, he said "Miss Lee, you must learn the guitar properly, okay?". And I gave him a pinky promise, smiled and, "Okay, I promise".
In life, you will encounter various kinds of people - young and old. Some leave wonderful memories, but some don't. These memories actually shape who you are today.
This boy has taught me patience and perseverance. His daily visit shows his determination in learning the guitar. That spirit is worth emulating. Besides that, his childish mindset and thoughts has built my patience for children. It has increased by a few percentage (not much, but there is an improvement). All thanks to him. I'm more convinced that I've shaped myself to have the qualities of a teacher.
Try to recall the people who colour your life and keep them in your prayers. Thanks them for all the footsteps that they left behind because being grateful makes your life feel worthy. Have a pleasant Tuesday. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment