Monday, February 6, 2012

Reappearance

           The last time I went back to the pool for training was 7 months ago. The reason of going back to training is to accompany my brother. My brother is swimming some open events in the coming up competition, so he has to do some preparation. Wondering why I didn't participate? I can't make it because class has started by then. 


         Back to the pool, I barely know the familiar faces. Juniors are either all grown up into pretty women or a handsome and muscular young men, or some are new comers. Coaches are still the same - still looking healthy and tan; but they have grown older. 


        A few juniors weren't following instructions, didn't pay attention to the coach and was playing a fool during the training session just now. The senior coach scolded he (them) but these people were cursing the old man behind his back which I found it very rude. Therefore some thoughts came into my mind.


      As an athlete, you have to mind a few things. Firstly, you need to have self discipline. If you join the training session but not paying any effort to do it right, then what's the purpose for you to come to the pool at the first place? Even if you don't have feel like attending training, you must never bring the lazy mood to the training session because you are wasting your own time, your parents' time and the coaches' time. Self discipline means self control, you need to control whatever negative thoughts and avoid doing any negative actions. In short, think before you act. 


       Learn and know how to respect your coaches. Coaches are qualified and know what is good for his/ her swimmers. If you think you are a Mr/Miss-Know-It-All, you won't have to receive the coach's guidance. When coach (es) scold or mad at you, there must be a reason for him to do so, because nobody wishes to bark like a mad dog for no reason, am I right? Be humble and accept the criticism, show your professionalism as an athlete, leaner and a professional swimmer. You'll realise that arrogant pushes away all the benefits that are about to fall on you. 

        Choosing the right friends or team mates is important. There is a quote in Chinese - a person is able to learnt all the bad habits in 3 days, but he/she will need at least 3 years to cure all of them. The interaction between you and your team mates will influence your lifestyle. Do you find it tiring when you talk while running? This is what exactly what I want to say. You will never be able to focus when you talk. So, be with those who are able to encourage and inspire you during training session. 


"Eh, why you no play Dota with us yesterday? That guy ah...."
"Eh, come, I challenge you this set! Want not? " 

"No mood train lah, go easy today lah."
"I screwed my class today, I'll make sure I do better in the pool."

"F*** you old man, who are you to scold me?"
"I'm sorry for my mistakes, I'll try again."

These will make the difference.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment