Amusing?
Chinese believe that you can make the eggs stand during the first day of Spring and people name the first day of Spring as 立春 (li chun).
Since Malaysians don't get to enjoy the 4 seasons, so I did some reading regarding 立春 (li chun) from the Wikipedia. 立春 (li chun) - also know as the first day of Spring is calculated or set based on the lunar calender. I've no idea how those people calculated. According to the time zone, yesterday was the first day of Spring in Malaysia.
Since Malaysians don't get to enjoy the 4 seasons, so I did some reading regarding 立春 (li chun) from the Wikipedia. 立春 (li chun) - also know as the first day of Spring is calculated or set based on the lunar calender. I've no idea how those people calculated. According to the time zone, yesterday was the first day of Spring in Malaysia.
No magic is involved to make the eggs stand on 立春 (li chun) because it has something to do with the altitude of the earth or gravity - at least, something related to Geography lesson that we learnt during our high school.
My brother and I spent 30 minutes to make the 8 eggs stand. There are 2 reasons of standing only 8 eggs. Reason 1, the number 8 is known as a lucky number to Chinese. 8 = 发 fa (Mandarin) = Huat (Hokkien) = Prosperous. Reason 2, there are only 8 eggs at home. Teehehe.
The sole survivor.
Photo captured today at 1.37 pm. 7 fell and we have them removed. This shows that 立春 (li chun) is about to end. To those who have tried standing eggs, do you find them hard or easy? Do you guys enjoyed yourself much with your family? :)
Tomorrow is the 15th day and also the last day of Chinese New Year. We call this day 元宵节 (yuan xiao jie). It's a Lunar Valentine's Day. Back to the time where Emperor of China exists, there were lots of beautiful lanterns displayed on the streets. So people will spend the night enjoy looking at those lanterns. So the interaction between people that time created and an opportunity to express their love. Besides that people will be bringing their loved ones to enjoy the wonderful scenery.
Chinese culture is amazing. Even though I don't know much, I embrace them. Finally, I'm proud to be a Chinese. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment