Saturday, May 5, 2012

10 weeks in UPSI

          Hello everyone! How is your weekdays? If they are hectic, then take a break today. Get some rest before resuming your work. Remember that work will never be done unless you are dead. So, learn to get some rest even though you are busy. 
        I managed to survive after being here in Sultan Idris Education University (UPSI) of for almost 10 weeks. Lots of things happened during these 10 weeks. Happiness, excitement, disappointment, anger, betrayal, fulfilment, sadness, they all visited me and left me as well. 
        In UPSI, I learnt that I need to be independent. Not all of your friends will be there for your when you are in trouble. Very often I need to be aware of many things, learn to take solve problems myself instead of asking for someone else's help. I always tell myself if I'm not the one protecting myself, who else will protect me?

        In UPSI, I learnt that I need to be sociable. Sticking with my old friends is not a wise action when I'm in a new surrounding. I'm happy to meet a group of wonderful people at church and new course mates. I'm hoping to meet more people in the future. 

       In UPSI, I learnt how to accept the worst because some unpleasant incidents happened. Lecturers here aren't like IPDA's. They're heartless, cruel and emotionless. They behave like that because there are 60 students in the class. Why should they pay attention to the students when they only see us for 14 weeks? 

      In UPSI, I learnt how to forgive and forget. Not everything goes smoothly in life. When something upsets me, I shouldn't stay at the point to sulk. I need to forgive and thanks to failures because they shape me a tougher person. Forget them and get on with life is what to do because I have no time to spare a few minutes for the unimportance. 

      In UPSI, I learnt how to give thanks. I always thank people that aid me when I'm in trouble. I never expect them to approach me. However I'm indeed grateful. Advices, helps and prayers from them keeps me standing until now. 

      In UPSI, I learnt that time management is important. Lecture is cancelled does not mean you can slack because the lecturers are not going to give lectures of what is missing. You are on your own. I failed to manage my time well this semester. I sure hope I'll do better in the future. 

      In UPSI, I learnt to let bygone be bygone. Whatever or whoever you have turned down or rejected will never be yours anymore. Like the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack that I'm listening right now. 

Past the point of no return 
The final threshold 
The bridge is crossed
So stand and watch it burn 
We've passed the point of no return. 
 "Pass the point of no return - The phantom & Christine"

      I wonder how is the phantom doing right now. We haven't contacted each other for N days. Yeah, let bygone be bygone. Cherish what is in my eyes now so that my life will be contented. 

Some random photos. 
My room mate, Sin Ni and course mate, Cohan joined calligraphy competition last night. 
We had lotsa fun even though Cohan and I don't know how to write. 
P/s - Sin Ni is really good in calligraphy. ;) 

Porridge brought by Kak Long when I had fever last week. 
-Touched- :') 

Double rainbow right in front of me. 
Taken from the balcony of my hostel

      That's all I wish to share. I wanted to watch Phantom of the Opera, iron my clothing for Sunday church service and practice hymns. I'm participating a singing competition at church tonight with room mate, and performing on Sunday morning. I'll be singing the Mandarin version "Holy is He" with my church mates on Sunday. 

A challenging hymns but practice makes perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment