Sunday, May 20, 2012

Prayer to find your companion

This is the continuation of my post - The importance of having a Christian partner. 

      If you are a believer of Christ, this is an important thing to do. 

      "This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one" (Genesis 3:24). From this verse, we understand that our soul mate is the one that will be with us after marriage and the death of our parents. How can you live with each other when both of you fail to share the same vision and principles?

       “For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Saviour of his body, the church. As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything” (Ephesians 5:22-24). A commandment by the Lord for wives to submit to their husbands. Let’s say, if my husband doesn’t have the same religion and leads a sinful life. Am I going to go against him or to obey the commandment? Trying to save him is a good effort. What I am afraid is, before my husband is saved, both of us might have already divorced. Then I lose my husband, children and family.

       Well, these are my point of view on the importance of finding a husband that shares the same religion. To those who are aware of the importance, or is still looking for a soul mate, or is in a relationship with non-believer, you may use this relationship prayer. I accidentally discover it from the net.

Almighty God, hear this relationship prayer. As You are first in my heavenly heart and mind and spirit, I also want a Christian companion for my earthly heart and mind and being. Guide me to the partner You know is perfect for me. Help me walk in faith until that time of our first meeting. Show me how I can become a spouse worthy of love. Then guide me through every stage of our relationship, so that, as we move ever closer to You, we grow closer to each other in Love, in Joy, and in Faith. Thank You God, for hearing my prayer. Amen! 

P/s – I’m not suggesting break up as the resolution of a couple that consist of a believer of Christ and one is the non. Remember God’s will. There is the possibility that the man whom you are with now might not be your husband. If both of you are not meant to be, it’s God’s arrangement. He keeps the best for you in store. You may change the prayer to something like – “I’m aware of the importance of having a Christ believer as my companion. However I’m in a relationship with _____. If he is the one, please teach me how make him embrace Christ. If _____ isn’t the one, please find me a suitable companion because You know what is best for me”. 

Spend some time to think of this. 
Have a pleasant weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment