Monday, May 14, 2012

Importance of choosing a Christian bf/ husband

P/s - This is my personal testimony and point of view.

      One day, I was grumbling to my boyfriend on how people mistreated and betrayed me. I told him that I was feeling really sad because my sincere was not appreciated by people. I hated these heartless people so much and I even plotted a revenge. He shared me a verse.
 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. (John 13:34)

       To disagree with his advice, I expressed my view that it is foolish to be friended with people that mistreated me. I said that there I do not see any benefits of befriending with these kind of people because they will only ruin my life. I added that these people will never deserve my sympathy or help in the future because I will never repeat the same mistake. He said:

"Did Jesus Christ expect good return when He was doing good to the public?"
"Do you know He was mistreated and sometimes rejected by the people?" 
"Did He give up hope on them?"

        He added, we are taught to love each other- family, friends and foe. Minor conflict like mine is no greater than what is faced by The Lord. Instantly I understand that I do not have the rights to condemn. This verse came into my mind.

You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things. (Romans 2:1)

          I was glad to realise my mistake from a short conversation with my boyfriend. I believe my ex would have said "Ignore this bitch", "Why do you have to forgive this shit?" or "Go on with your life, leave her alone". These unpleasant thoughts will unlikely to come from a person has no understanding on God's words. Such advice will never bring me on the right track. 

          Being a Christian is easy. However living life as a Christian is not one. Not having a Christian partner makes life even harder because both of you are not seeing things at the same point of view. A non believer might see or do things based on his benefit but you see God as the fundamental in your life. One may laugh at you for having faith on God - an invisible hope, you may argue that he is leading sinful life for what he is doing is against God's law. I can imagine how messy will a marriage be if one is a child of God but another is not. 

      To sum up, I am really blessed. I am blessed because this man step into my life. This man introduced Jesus Christ. This man never gives up hope on me despite of my discrimination on Christianity. This man saves me from hell by telling me the truth. If God wills it, I hope he is the last man that I am looking for in life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment